Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Huge bubble on lip
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Huge bubble on lip

My cat has a huge bubble on her lip, her son gets them to and I took him to the vet a month ago and they said it was an allergic reaction, but I can't figure out to what! It looks so painful but both her and her kitten ( who is two now ) get them every couple months and I don't have 100 dollars a month for meds for the rest of their lives. The bubbles go away after a couple weeks but I would like to know the source so i could at least try to help prevent it from happening! The only thing I notice they both do get in the tub and lick the water that drips from the faucet! Could that be it or is there anything else I could try?? Please help!
Type of Animal
:  
Cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Tabby
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
October 23, 2010
City
:  
Peterborough
State/Province
:  
Ontario
Country
:  
Canada
2054217_tn?1330542034
Thanks for the question. It is difficult for me to say what it is though without seeing it. It does not sound like an allergic reaction however but more sounds like an autoimmune condition commonly called "rodent ulcers". These inflamed lesions do come and go and can be painful. Other then medication for the times when it gets bad, little can be done to cure them.
3 Comments
Blank
Thank you for the reply, I have pictures of it I'm just not sure how to post pictures ( kinda new to this Internet thing ) but that makes more sense then an alergy (allergy) cuz it happens so often, but one more question, if it is the ulcers could it hurt them in the long run and will they continue to have it their whole lives?
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
to post a photo, go to your home page...scroll down on the left hand side you  will see *photos* click on that, it will take you to an album page and in the upper right you will see the tab *upload photos' if you have photos stored on your computer you can than transfer them to this page...good luck...first must have photos stored in your computer from a digital camera.

Have you tried eliminating all grains from your kitties diet? there are many 'grain free' varieties available from good pet stores, this can sometimes help also stop feeding the same source of protein, eg..if feeding chicken try beef or venison with as FEW additives such as artificial coloring or preservatives as possible...as with many dry foods.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity