Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Husky hot spots?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Husky hot spots?

My husky has been scratching/biting/liking at his paws all the time. He has a huge bald spot on his behind that is bright red and another one on his side. I don't know what to do, I took him to the and they said it could be right worm so they gave me this "Lime Dip" and that didn't work. I've looked everywhere and all I could find that looked like it was hot spots. He's going crazy scratching all the time that he rips his hairs out and he's always so thirsty. I need help! I'll be taking him to the vet soon I just need someone to help me so I can understand what's happening. I love him very much  and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. Thanks!
Type of Animal
:  
Husky
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Husky
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
July 22, 2012
City
:  
Houston
State/Province
:  
Texas
2054217_tn?1330542034
It certainly does not sound like ringworm. More likely a hotspot though I am concerned he is drinking so much. Excessive drinking can be due to several conditions but there a few hormonal disorders that also involve the skin. In the meantime, see if your local pet store has a topical antibiotic and cortisone ointment or medication. This in now way will replace you going to the vet but it will improve your husky's comfort until the day of your vet visit.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity