Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Missing Fur?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Missing Fur?

A few months ago I noticed that my dog was missing fur on his leg, but since he wasn't biting at it or seeming to be pained by it, I didn't really worry. The fur is still missing, and doesnt seem to be growing back. I will add some photos if I can figure out how, but in case I can't: the patch is mostly round, and there are little dark dots on the skin, but they don't come off with washing. He doesn't have fleas, has been vaccinated for everything under the sun including lyme disease, has not been sick or itchy before this started all the way up until now. If something had pulled out the hair, wouldn't it have grown back by now? I don't want to spend the money to take him to the vet and be told nothing is wrong...
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
~4
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Pomeranian, Maltese, Poodle, Chihuahua
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
February 16, 2010
City
:  
Cranberry Township
State/Province
:  
PA
Country
:  
USA