Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Over the counter inflammation medication for dogs
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Over the counter inflammation medication for dogs

My 10 yr old Lab Rocky, was attacked by my 2 yr old dog last night. I checked Rocky over and other than being exhausted from the fight, the only damage done seems to be about an inch and a half long scrap on his left front leg which did not appear to have broken the skin. Today, other than being plum tuckered out, his leg has a knot on it, no doubt from where the other dog clamped onto him. I was wondering if there is any over the counter medications one can give a dog for inflammation. Rocky weighs between 50-60 lbs (he is a smaller lab).
Also wondering what over the counter things might help older dogs who are a bit arthritic as winter is coming on and it seems to bother both Rocky and a 15 yr old dog I have somewhat.
TYVM!