Animal Health - General Expert Forum
SICK POODLE

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

SICK POODLE
I HAVE A 12 WEEK OLD TINY POODLE, EVERY COUPLE WEEKS HE GOES A DAY WITHOUT EATING,I CAN HEAR HIS STOMACH GROWLING BUT HE WON'T EAT, WELL THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY AND TODAY HE WOKE UP READY TO EAT, THEN AFTER A FEW HOURS,HE VOMITED. HE IS VERY PLAYFUL AND IN GOOD SPIRITS AND DOESENT ACT SICK BUT I AM VERY CONCERNED
Please have his fecal checked.  If no parasites are found than you may have to change your dogs diet.  A low residue diet, and a low dose of Pepcid (over the counter) is a good first choice to treat IBD (imflammatory bowel disease and sensitive stomach), if this is ineffective after at least 3 weeks of a clinical trial, than food allergies or sensitivities may be the problem.  There is no definitive blood test for food allergies.  So you must do a food trial in order to determine what your dog may be allergic to.  
My new dog had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a GI tract bug that anti-biotics took care of.  Since your pup is so young, don't wait to see your vet.