Animal Health - General Expert Forum
What is toxidia?

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

What is toxidia?

I am adopting 2 pups and they just came back from the vet, the rescue organization said they had "toxidia" and they would both be on medication for 10 days, that they would have gotten this from their mother. I tried to google toxidia but all the answers about toxidia refer to coccidia...are they one and the same? I am sure they said "toxidia"? What is it and how serious is it?
I think you are correct and that it is Coccidia.  Coccidia is a parasite protozoa, and should not be of any concern since it has been identified and you are treating it.  Albon is the most common treatment of choice.  It is very common.  Remember to bring in another stool sample for analysis once you have completed the treatment.