Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Why does my dog have so many skin tags?

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Why does my dog have so many skin tags?
My dog has many skin tags on her body. She was very unhealthy when we got her from a family that didn't treat her properly or feed her right. My vet is aware of the skin tags but didn't say anything about them. She has about 5 +. There's a bump on her forarm that looks like a skin tag but it's more red. I'll be going back to the vet to get that checked out when I get the money. But I was just wondering what causes skin tags and why would my dog have so many and are they/can they become dangerous?
Skin tag aka focal adenexae are more common in obese dogs and occur in areas where there is friction from rubbing skin together .
The armits and groin are common regions for this problem.
Skin tags are benign but cam be easily removed if bothering pet or owner.