Animal Health - General Expert Forum
other causes of megaesophagus and tongue paralysis
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

other causes of megaesophagus and tongue paralysis

My dog developed partial tongue paralysis 7 months ago.  He is unable to stick out his tongue and it is curled on one side. No cause was every found.  I saw a neurologist at the time. Megaesophagus developed in the past couple of months.  He is still happy and in great shape otherwise.  I have found a food and a way for him to eat that seems to be working and keeping him from regurgitating. In your opinion is there any other test that can be done to find a possible treatable cause ?

Thank you in advance
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Golden Retriever
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 12, 2009
City
:  
Cleveland
State/Province
:  
Ohio
Country
:  
USA
Blood Test Results
:  
All results negative:  Lyme, erlichia, other parasites, thyroid, ACTH stim, myesthenia gravis.
X-Ray Results
:  
Positive for large megaesophagus.  Negative for cancer in chest.