Animal Health - General Expert Forum
rabbit hair loosing

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

rabbit hair loosing
my brother has a rabbit ..he  about 6 months old and . we recently noticed that on his ear there a patch of hair missing the size of a dime ..and im scared becuase  did jst recently happend and we fed him some human food but im scared he has a disease or is sick...
Your brother's rabbit should be tested for ring worm, and mites (ear and skin mites) by a veterinarian.  

I don't know what your brother fed your rabbit but wild rabbits have existed for thousands of years on vegetarian people food (all kinds of vegetable produce,  and grains), and non-people food (grasses)  for thousands of years.  If your brother fed something non-vegetarian, that could be a problem, but the problem would be located in his rabbits digestive system and not on his skin.