Animal Health - General Expert Forum
sneezing and watery eye
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

sneezing and watery eye

my  cat has been sneezing continously for a week and now his eye has started watering, his nose sounds runny.He doesnt go outside.Is there  something i can do to help him or do i need to go to the vet and what do you think it is?
Type of Animal
:  
cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
orange short hair
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 13, 2008
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
Many upper respiratory infections in cats are viral, and are usually self limiting, however if they continue affecting a cat long enough other invaders, such as opportunistic bacterial will compound the original infection.  That is when antibiotics are needed.

Since this has been going on in your cat for a week it is probably time to take him to the vet.

Additionally, if your cat sniffed up a foreign body and it is lodged in his nose it may have to be removed by a vet, and could be the cause of his excessive sneezing.  Sneezing is the bodies way to remove invaders.
2 Comments
Blank
It sounds like it could be the cat flu.  If so, then yes, you probably do need to see the vet.
I'm no expert though so it is best to wait for the vet's response.

J
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank