Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Eating nonstop - Never Full - What is wrong?

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

I find myself always eating. I eat until I feel sick.
When I am full I will wait a few hours then fill myself once again.
I can't stop.
Eating food makes me feel complete, and it is so hard to get away from it.
What can I do?
Understanding your food emotional connection is important to resolving your urge to eat.  Using food keeps you from identifying your feelings and needs.  When you can express your voice, you can learn effect coping skills to live your life effectively.  Food can take a back seat and be the fuel for your body it was meant to be.  Visit the bella vita website to learn more about binge eating and treatment options.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita Eating Disorders Treatment Los Angeles, CA
I have this problem too, except I restrict food a lot and occasionally binge. I suggest taking all the food out of your house (if you can). Plan your meals the day before. Keep a food journal and write down EVERYTHING you eat. Don't cut down on calories just yet, set four medium meals a day. Stick to it. When you start to binge go get a free food (zero calorie foods like celery, cucumbers, and salad). Remember food is for fuel not pleasure, control yourself.
Oh I forgot to mention the most important thing. Binging disorder is an emotional problem. It would help to talk to someone and try to find out what is triggering this behavior.