Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
Pulmonary AVM's

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

Pulmonary AVM's

I am 46 yrs old. I have a myopathy and resp. muscle weakness. I also have an enlarged pulmonary artery, nodules in my lungs. I had a CTA in Dec. that confirmed AVM's of my left upper lobe. From what I read, avm's are fairly uncommon in the upper lobes. My dr. is going to repeat the CT. sometime this year. he said it could cause bleeding and to watch for shortness of breath, hemoptysis etc. But I have shortness of breath from the myopathy so it is hard to tell. I have read that avm's should be treated in the lungs but that has not been suggested at this point.
I do have the broken blood vessels on my face. Not sure if the avm's are symptoms of something else or what. Any info or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tags: Pulmonary, AVM
I would go for a second opinion. It is a more rare location to have AVMs, and with your other symptoms with shortness of breath, you should be looked at again.
Thank you for your comments. I have an appt in June with my pulmo. I do have an elevated CO2 level at night and during the day. Not sure if that has anything to do with the AVM's.