Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
has anyone felt enlightenment by their avm?

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

i had brain surgery about 15 years ago in the front right lobe due to inter cranial hemorrhaging from a ruptured avm an. was very fortunate to walk out of the hospital unscathed. It has dawned to me over the last little bit that i am different from many in a good way. I feel as though this deformation prior and after the surgery has blessed me with a sense of seeing the world in a enlightened like insane way without the insanity. I respect that there is a lot of painful emotions within this forum but I am curious is there anyone else out there that may have seen there avm as a blessing instead of a curse?
Well, maybe, kinda, sorta, I identify with what I think You might be feeling.

I had an AVM that ruptured while I was on a PAP smear table in my doctor's office - the doctors office "happened" to be located in a HOSPITAL!!  So, when my brain ruptured I was ONLY a few feet from the Emergency Room.  I was immediately rushed to the ER and then air lifted to REDWOOD CITY, CA where this hospital performs Neurosurgy.  I was told by SO many Drs, and Nurses that had I not ALREADY been at the Hospital when this rupture occured - that I likely would not have survived....that if the aneurysm had occured 10 minutes prior.... or even 10 minutes later, I would have been on the freeway and if the aneurysm had not killed me, the freeway probably would have!!

So  YES, YES, YES - I feel there MUST be a REASON, a PURPOSE for why I was meant to survive.  The "events" that lead to me having a Brain Aneurysm at that Particular Time, at that Particular Place was TOO syncronistic for me to "ignore".  I felt then and I feel today that there is a "reason", a "purpose" - if even I don't know" yet, or" realize" yet, what it is - none-the-less- I BELIEVE THERE IS A REASON!! I survived in this way and that one day I will KNOW.
I did "survive" to care for my Mother as She lay dying
and
I did "survive" to care for my Father as He lay dying
and
I did "survive" to raise a GrandDaughter who needed me in the most ENORMOUS
way
and
I believe there will be more.  
Yes, in the long run it was a blessing to me in that I changed to
become a person that I feel is much improved over the old me.
I have changed in a major way and I feel it is for the better, for
a purpose/