Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community
spinial avm
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

spinial avm

is there any one out there that has avm and if so i would be greatfull 4 u 2 get back to me even my dr know's very little about it thank's
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Yes, spinal AVMs are not common. You need to consult a surgeon trained in spinal surgeries. The treatment of spinal AVM is either surgery or endovascular embolization (a catheter is passed through a leg artery into the AVM and blocks the artery feeding this AVM by a gel like substance) or a combination. Despite these available options, it is a risky treatment. Do discuss this with your doctor and look for a center with facilities for this type of surgery and necessary expertise in this field. Take care!
Blank
when i was first told about my avm i was told i would be sent to england to have gama knife treatment, but since then i have been told i need surgery and could be left parilised , and still have the pain , and if i don't have surgery i could have another bleed and be left parilised, it's a no win situation , can't do my job anymore and am trying to get out of work on medicial grounds . i used to do a lot of running and kept very fit , this has been going on for 3 years and is really getting me down . j.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...