Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
Pain in my fingers

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Pain in my fingers

About 4 months ago I started with pain everytime I bent my thumb. Unless that I bent it there's no pain.  Gradually the same thing happened to my little finger and now most of my fingers.  When I knock them they hurt a lot and when I'm in contact with ice(for example searching for food in the freezer) they hurt and become very sensitive.  I have to go to the doctor but is the meantime I would appreciated if you'd be so kind to inform me whether  this could be arthritis or something more serious, I'm pretty worried about it.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Dear friend,
Doesn't appear to be associated with arthritis. But it appears to be tendinitis. Each time the tendon is moved, you get the pain in the corresponding region.
The reason for the same can be attributed to overuse or weakness, causing the swelling/inflamation of the tensdon.
I would suggest the use of a finger splint,till you are able to meet the orthopaedician, as it will give rest and relaxation to the concerned tendon.
Feel free to discuss more, in case of any doubts.
Regards
Thanks very much for your advice, very kind of you.

Regards