Arthritis / Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
numbness and stiffness in hands, feet, arms and legs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

numbness and stiffness in hands, feet, arms and legs

Hi, I am a 19 yr old male, that started feeling numbness and stiffness a little over a month ago. It started after i was working out, I was sitting on the computer when the numbness suddenly started, but only in my toes and fingertips. I got it checked out a week later where they did some lab work, my blood results came back with a positive ana rating with a titer ratio of 1:80 which i understand is fairly low. Over time the numbness started spreading, first to my whole hand than up to my elbows, and now my upper arms are starting to feel a little bit as well. The same thing happened with my feet, first the toes, than the foot, now up to my knees. Even my face feels a little sore, only where the cheeks are. When I wake up in the morning, the symptoms are worse, my fingers are all stiff, the numbness on my legs are more noticeable and my elbows hurts as well. My fingers are all very weak, I can hardly hold a pen or even turn my key to open a door. I also seem to be losing more hair than normal, while in the shower if i wipe my hair a few times I see a few strands every few times I do it. I'm still going through a lot more tests, but so far nothing has shown up. If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it.