Asperger's Syndrome Community
6 year old aspergers child charged in Juvenile court

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

My 6 year old adhd/asperger's child (still awaiting a formal dx on the aspergers, although multiple health professionals have advise me but it takes awhile for the final dx) has been charged by the school in juvenile court for unruly behavior. I have taken it to the school board and they are defending their principal. I had already advised them of her conditions and that she needed special attention and relate to her differently because of them. This is the same principal that the very first day, when my daughter had a meltdown before going in her class to meet her teacher, as i was down on the floor trying to calm her down, this woman threw her hands in the air and said "I don't have time for this" and walked away. My daughter had court nov 14th which was 5 days before her 7th birthday. she cried and cried thinking she was going to be in jail on her birthday. i have tried the ACLU as well as other attorneys. The only one that would even consider going up against a school board wanted $200 just to sit down for a consult. I am a single parent of 4 children and do not have that kind of money. Is there anything I can do? Any other suggestions?
A school should be behind a child. A principal especially should be understanding of a child. My only advice is to continue to fight for the right treatment of your child. Best of luck!!
I would consult the Asbergers Foundation (404) 712-2384 and see if they can be of any help to you.  All children have the right to an education by law.  Especially with the "no child left behind" law.  Has an IEP (an individual education plan) or medical 504 Plan been offered or discussed?  These are specific to your child and how they learn best.  This is a team of several professionals that get together to come up with what would be best.  This team includes you and your child.  Does the school have a psychologist or counselor?  They should also be on this team.  I wsh I could be of better help but a documented diagnosis would be a great start but until then call and see what they recommend.  Wish you the best!
Oh my! My son is 6 with aspergers, ad/hd AND mild tourettes. I just got a letter yesterday for juvenile court tomorrow. I'm already scared.