Asperger's Syndrome Community
6 year old aspergers child charged in Juvenile court
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

6 year old aspergers child charged in Juvenile court

My 6 year old adhd/asperger's child (still awaiting a formal dx on the aspergers, although multiple health professionals have advise me but it takes awhile for the final dx) has been charged by the school in juvenile court for unruly behavior. I have taken it to the school board and they are defending their principal. I had already advised them of her conditions and that she needed special attention and relate to her differently because of them. This is the same principal that the very first day, when my daughter had a meltdown before going in her class to meet her teacher, as i was down on the floor trying to calm her down, this woman threw her hands in the air and said "I don't have time for this" and walked away. My daughter had court nov 14th which was 5 days before her 7th birthday. she cried and cried thinking she was going to be in jail on her birthday. i have tried the ACLU as well as other attorneys. The only one that would even consider going up against a school board wanted $200 just to sit down for a consult. I am a single parent of 4 children and do not have that kind of money. Is there anything I can do? Any other suggestions?