Asperger's Syndrome Community
Brother with mild aspergers

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Brother with mild aspergers

Alright well first i just want to tell you about my brother. He is 22 years old and i am 18. He was diagnosed with autism\aspergers when he was around 15. Growing  up with him was very hard but its gotten better through out the years. He is very anti social and has no friend except his family, we've always been really close but recently he started doing something that's making things uncomfortable for me. He just bought a laptop and likes making videos on it via webcam but for about a month hes been video taping me thinking i don't realize. The weird part is is that he only records if im walking out of the bathroom with a towel around me after a shower or when im cooking something with shorts on. The other day i asked if he needed to use the bathroom because i was going to take a shower and he said yes, about 10 minutes later he comes in my room and tells me that his out lit in his room wasn't working so he had to charge his laptop in the bathroom and to not touch it. So i go in to take shower and his laptop is wide open and i clicked on an icon on the bottom and it was recording facing right in front of the shower.. i haven't told anyone because im too scared too. I don't want him to get in trouble with his workers and end up hating me. my question is, is this normal for an adult with aspergers to wanna try an tape his sister naked? Is it just a phase? I don't know if there'd be anyone with the same problem with me, its so embarrassing to tell this. i just don't know what to do.
I dont blame you for being concerned. My son also has aspergers syndrome, he is 26 years old. I think you should confront your brother and tell him that this is inappropriate, also let him know that it makes you uncomfortable, If you and your brother have a good relationship with either parent then talk to them first and have them  talk to him. And yes I do beleive it is normal for an adult with aspergers to do off the wall things. If he knows that it is wrong and that he is hurting you which Im sure he doesnt want to do) then he will most likely stop this. He needs to find more appropriate videos, maybe suggest helping him make some that are exciting or funny.  He also needs to find healthy ways to get through any sexual tension or desire. Good luck
thanks so much for the advice! im really glad someone knows where im coming from. im going to try to get the courage to tell my mom or possibly one of his social workers. Thanks again and good luck with your son!