Aa
A
A
Close
1962464 tn?1344610273
Do I Have Aspergers?
I am 60 years old and am wondering if I have Aspergers. Here are some of my behaviors:

I am socially awkward; Difficulty knowing when I should talk; I can’t interrupt so will stand by the person I want to talk to until they notice me; Am often misunderstood; Can’t play string games like Cats Cradle;
Physically clumsy; Get lost all the time; Trouble with directions left, right, north, south etc; Fixated on reading and writing especially rhyme; Become so absorbed in what I’m doing that I don’t know what is going on around me; If I get interrupted when I’m reading a book I glance at the page number before I shut it and can go right back to that page to continue reading.

Able to fill in periodic table from memory as a teenager; Taught myself how to read at age four; Have trouble looking people in the eye—until my father beat it out of me and said I must be lying if I couldn’t look him in the eye—I still force myself to look people in the eye for fear they will think I’m lying;

It was painful when people touched me so I was called a touch-me-not by my birth family; I still don’t like to be touched but tolerate it; I used to walk straight and stiff…until I went to physical therapy with an injured ankle and learned how to walk better; I don’t like change; I absolutely will not wear make-up; I hate wearing dresses and pantyhose although I do when I have to;
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
647911 tn?1373318247
Hi there i have had been a aspie since I was a young child I was dignoised and had therapy for add and ocd the neuroglist had confirmed that I had asperger sydrome some of what u describe sounds like that form of austism but I dont think so, people with this problem do alot of rituals and have someform of torretts I know I misspelled that, I remember at about 15 yrs old I would play with barbies, and odd things like that Im also senstive to certain sound and colors, what u have described sounds like a self image problem more so than a form of autism. It is a part of u so someone beating it out of would not help ur problem
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources