Lying
My son has many challenges, He started lying recently. Is lying a symtom of AS?
Not really. Some people say that lying is difficult for people with AS, though people with AS can and do lie. Lying is better described as a behavior. If you son has signs or symptoms of a developmental disorder, then consider having him seen by a doctor (typically, neurologist) who specializes in AS.
Narbie, Thank you for responding. We have had him evaluated and he does have AS . He lies about alot  things  someone normally would'nt.... and is too honest at other times. This was the reason for my question. I'm sorry I did'nt go into more detail. (it was very late)He also cries very easily and is very agressive with younger children. He has many other issues besides AS. We adopted him and we think some of the agressive behavior stems from that.
Thanks again, Blessings to you.
Glad to help. Some people with AS do lie about the oddest things, and are far too honest for their own good in many situations. This can persists well into adulthood and even beyond; it's just one of the difficulties "aspies" tend to have.

Adoption adds a whole other layer of complexity to your situation. I hope you can find ways to let your son make the most of his strengths while minimizing the difficulties his weaknesses create. There are a lot of good resources for kids with AS, through school systems, local hospitals/clinics, and even AS/ASD associations. Perhaps you can get help in that way if you need it.
Thanks again, your advice is up lifting
Annie569
My son has it..and will NOT lie no matter what..like someone else mentioned too honest for his own good sometimes.  He is 10..and is honest whether it hurts or not. Very kindhearted..doesn't mean to hurt anybody, will not tell a white lie to prevent it though:O) Gotta love 'em.

I love my little professor!