Asperger's Syndrome Community
age 19- Aspergers
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

age 19- Aspergers

Hi,

I'm 19 and was just diagnosed with Aspergers after years of struggling in school and social situations
I did graduate high school, but with a cumulative GPA below 2.0 (I believe it's 1.6, but I'm not stupid, I have a math disability but I always exceeded on state reading/writing tests, I just think differently then others) so I can't get into most colleges.
My mum is supporting me and she has a low income, I've not been able to keep a job.

now that I have the diagnosis I want to know what resources are out there for someone at my age, who's no-longer in school but really needs to be in college, and have specialized help

Does anybody know what's out there?

Oh I should also mention I have a PsyD that I'm now seeing once a week, and that I'm trying a new medication(wellbutrin) to help manage my depression(I tried Celexa but that didn't do anything)
Here's some info on professions, I don't know of specialized help, but I think if you chose a college that prepares you for one of these jobs, you'll be alright. My son's friend has apspergers and his is being helped by diet, able to think clearer, more energy for studies.  Best of luck finding your passion! Laura

http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2010/10/best-and-worst-jobs-for-aspergers.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/186697-diet-for-aspergers/

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979