tenex for aspergers
My son was just diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD, and Tourette syndrome.  He was prescribed Tenex to reduce his impulsive tendencies.  He's 7 and this is his first time on meds after countless behavior/social interventions at home and with the school.  Does anyone else have a child with this diagnosis and is on Tenex?  Does it help?  I wish I didn't have to give him any medicine, but we have to do something more for him.  
Hello My son too was just prescribed Tenex he has ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder which parallels Aspergers. Does anyone know about this drug with Children who have ADHD
He was prescribed Tenex for the Aspergers.  We meet with the doctor again in 2 wks to discuss how it's working and then he will prescribe an additional medicine for the ADHD.  He said the ADHD medicine will increase his ticks (he has Tourettes too) so the Tenex is also helping reduce the ticks.  
My son is 9 and was diagnosed with Aspergers last year.  Our developmental pediatrician put him on intuniv -- which is the long acting form of tenex and vyvanse.  It's a great combination because, on it's own, I'm told that the tenex or intuniv can make a child sleepy - and the vyvanse - which is a stimulant adhd medication  - is, well ... a stimulant.   We see no affects on sleep because of the combination.

When we first started the intuniv there was  a quick change in behaviors ... My son is still taking it but I would say the change is less dramatic and I'm not sure whether we need to keep taking it or increase the dose.  We've also changed schools -  a much more supportive school -- though behaviors at home can still be frustrating.
My son has aspergers and adhd and tourettes. He has been on tenex before. Now he is on intuniv which is the extended version of tenex. It is given once a day. He takes 4 mg and it can make him sleepy. I still see head shaking tics while on it and walking compulsions. He may have done better on tenex with the tics but the way they wax and wane it is hard to know. He was better at first on it but it doesn't work as well now. We started on 3 mg. We tried every ADHD med out there and they all made him behave worse. The intuniv helps to focus but he still gets distracted. My son has meltdowns and rage so he is on risperdal for that. I would say this med helped him go along with things easier and be less violent. But he still has anxiety and obsesses so he is on prozac for that. He still has some opposition defiant behaviors and trouble listening and argues. I would love to hear what others are using. School is a real battle since he struggles to pay attention and is not doing well.