Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Asthma and Jerking?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Asthma and Jerking?

I've been having bad asthma problems lately, getting really hot, shaking, bad pain in my chest, can't breath and such. But today was different. I'm not sure what to describe it as other then a jerking or spasm. Just about every ten minutes I would lurch forward without control, feeling that pain, and such. I was wondering what might it be, or what is causing it. I've seen these uncontrollable lurches or spasms a couple times before, but the main time was when my papa was in the hospital due to heat stroke. I'm worried about it and am not sure what I should do. If you can help I will be very very grateful.
The symptoms that you describe, especially “bad pain in my chest” and “shaking” are not typical of asthma.  This suggests that you have another health problem causing the symptoms and, at the same time, aggravating your pre-existing asthma.  

The symptoms could be coming from a (non-asthma) lung problem or a problem with your heart.

You are right to be concerned/worried about your symptoms.  I strongly suggest that you seek medical attention, either from your doctor or an Urgent Care or Emergency Room.  Your symptoms are too potentially serious for me to attempt to make a diagnosis by way of this Forum.

Good luck