Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Bacterial Overgrowth?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bacterial Overgrowth?

Would small intestinal bacterial overgrowth cause Eosinophilia, considering it's a parasitic infection?
Related Discussions
  • higher ioge level (1 replies):
    my ige test is 2440 ,what treeatment
  • asthma
    I am totally in denial,I am 62 and first time I got this...[more]
  • blood counts (3 replies):
    Hi there, I recently went to my doctor because of ver...[more]
  • Ige (2 replies):
    My IGE level is 995. Wat it means. Is it caused the alle...[more]
  • Parasites? (2 replies):
    I have an 11.8% Eosinophilia, and have been having chron...[more]
242587_tn?1355427710
Bacteria fall into a different category than that of Parasites.  Parisitic disease is caused by worms and other related infectious agents called Flukes.

These worms and flukes, are often but not always accompanied by eosinophilia.  In contrast, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) for which there are deemed to be many causes is usually not characterized by eosinophilia.

The diagnosis of SIBO can be suspected, based on clinical presentation and is confirmed by small bowel bacterial infections.  Parasitic infection can often be diagnosed by the finding of parasites and/or their eggs is stool.  One need not have had exposure to parasites in tropical countries to get the infection.  The parasites can be ingested here in America by way of contaminated foods imported from countries where parasites are prevalent.

Good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979