Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Burning sensation behind nostrils
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Burning sensation behind nostrils

I've had these symptoms on and off for several years.  I've often thought they were stress related, but sometimes wonder if it is sinus or allergy related. Here are the symptoms:  Face pain, especially behind my nostrils right above my teeth and sometimes right over my cheek bones and at times my upper gums burn.  I don't think it is dental related.  It is a burning sensation that makes me want to rub my face around my nostrils to eleviate the discomfort. There is no runny nose or anything and I've never had allergies. Though I am often dehydrated, just one of those people who doesn't drink a lot of water.  The pain is just a annoying burning sensation.  Appreciate any advice you can give.