Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Chronic Sinusitus
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronic Sinusitus

Hello and thanks for this informative service! I have had 4 or 5 sinus infections in the past year and treated with antibiotics and steroids. I had allergy tests (RAST) around 15 years ago and had so many allergies they jokingly said they were going to make me their poster child! I went this week to a university hospital allergy program and was tested for allergies with skin pricks and shots. Thankfully and surprisingly, they resulted with the diagnosis of Non-allergic Rhinitis showing that I am not allergic to anything! They said I must have outgrown them. They also did a sinus CT Scan and it shows I have a pocket of infection in one of the sinuses beside the bridge of my nose and that the inside of my nose (both sides) is so swollen that the openings to my sinuses are almost completely closed. They have prescribed Ceftin, Prednisone, Nasonex, Patanase, and Pataday (along with Zyrtec for the skin itching caused by Lupus). I am wondering if it is possible that the Lupus could be the cause for the nasal swelling that seemingly is stopping up my sinuses? Any thoughts and information or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!