Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Fluid in lungs

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Fluid in lungs

I am 43 years old and had a breast MRI for a strong family history of breast cancer.  Breasts are fine, but doctor said bits of fluid showed in my lungs.  He said this is not typical for my age.  Can allergies or asthma cause bits of fluid in lungs?  
You will have to ask your doctor to be more specific in his/her description of the abnormal findings in your lungs; much more descriptive than, "bits of fluid", that is not really a medical term.  You might ask to be provided with the actual report, provided by the radiologist.  Whatever these abnormalities are, they warrant further evaluation, preferably by a lung specialist, also called a pulmonologist.  At your young age, you will want to do whatever it takes to preserve your lungs.  The sooner a diagnosis is made and treatment initiated, the better off you will be.  Do not hesitate to assert yourself.

Good luck.