Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Im running out of resources

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Im running out of resources

Hello folks, I am a 23 yo male. I am a Medic and work in a high stress envionment. Starting in Mid June, I broke out with hives, really bad at first. Whole body hives, arms, legs everything. I was seen at my base hospital, and was put on the all wonderful Pregnasone, it really didn't work that great, but the hives did decapate. A few days later they were back again. I made a appt with my new Dr. but the appt is not for 3 more weeks. I know not to self diagnose, but here is what I have. I changed everything in my life, soaps, shampoos, food, everything, and nothing showed any improvement. The only other thing I can think of is that I have been a smokeless tobacco chewer since 18 yo. I quit for approx 2 weeks, and there was not much change noted, but then again I really didnt give it time since I gave back in to my addiction. I controlled the outbreaks to the best of my ability by lessening stress, taking Benadryl 25mg 3x day (every 8 hrs), it works ok, but I still get small outbreaks when it starts to ware off. I would like to know if anyone knows if smokeless (copenhagen and related brands) can cause hives like this. Am I allergic to my vice????? So far, I am 1 hr from being off shift, and I am going to make a effort to quit today, and start a healthy detoxification process. Maybe my body is so backed up with toxins, it cant get rid of them as fast as I am being exposed to them. I want the hives to go away, and if the tobacco is the cause then to heck with the stuff. Please if anyone can help please write back.
Urticaria, commonly called hives, is extremely common in the general population.  Hives have been associated with foods, chemicals, hormonal changes, physical things such as cold and vibration, and with many drugs.  Hives can also be associated with systemic diseases but, more often than not, occur unrelated to any other disease.  The list of ingested substances that can lead to hives is extremely long and finding the cause sometimes requires a lot of detective work.  There are reports of hives in response to nicotine, inhaled or by mouth, such as smokeless tobacco, so you are on the right track.  Whether the cause or not, you would be best served to continue to work hard to overcome your addiction.

Good luck
go to a ******* doctor you computer nurd.. god dam you **** face
Hey I know you, your just another dirtbag, just like the one I just brought in, hope you get real drunk, gag on your vomit and die. Best wishes TRASH.