Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Itchy rashes everytime after fever

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Itchy rashes everytime after fever
Hi Doctors,

Almost always after healing from a fever, I will develop itchy rashes all over my body. (Red patches)
During fever I took Paracetamol. I have heard that it might be an allergic reaction to the drug or an immune system response for some people. What do you think?

Worried guy.
While uncommon, allergic reactions to this drug have been reported.  Also chronic, especially high dose, use can cause liver damage.  A good start would be for you and your doctor to attempt to find the cause of your fevers.  The cause might be preventable or treatable with drugs other than Paracetamol.

Good  luck
anyone ?
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked with a physician and she told me that she is unable to determine the cause. But suggested there is another drug called 'Ponstan' which is an alternative. But the downside is that most people will have greater side-effects for this drug than Paracetamol.

Any other drug could you suggest if i caught a fever next time?

CKP