Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
can hives include big blisters?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

can hives include big blisters?
Hello all,

i've had a couple of outbreaks of hives in the past couple months. Although inconvenient, I just waited them out, and they eventually abated. No idea what brought them on.

I had a third outbreak flare up yesterday afternoon which included a pimple sized blister that kept getting larger over 24 hours until the size of a quarter. I finally took some benadryl and the redness disappeared, but the blister is still there, tightly inflated.

I've been searching for info online all afternoon and have yet to find a confirmation that painful blisters are associated with hives. Does this sound right to anyone?

I had been out backpacking a week ago, so the affected area (ankle) was tender-but no blister until sitting at my computer a week later and progressively large without friction. The hives I can handle, but I guess i'll try to pinpoint the allergy if it brings on this stuff...

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
A related discussion, Hives for over 5 years was started.