Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
clicking in nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

clicking in nose

I have had a "clicking noise" coming from my nose (both sides) for about 4 months now- I have constant congestion and sinus infections and the right side of my nose has a deviated septum.  I have to open my mouth to breathe all the time and a loud clicking noise comes from my mouth-palate-nasal area -it does not hurt or causeme any pain or discomfort- but it sound like those "pop rocks" that we used to eat as kids back int he 70's and 80's.  

Any suggestions as to what it could be?

I know you cannot diagnose over the internet- but some suggestions as to what might be causing it-or what tests to have done- would be appreciated.

Thanks-
Your deviated septum is probably the cause of the clicking noise, especially if the septum is perforated, related also to excess mucous in your nose.  Surgical correction might improve your breathing, facilitate mucus clearance and reduce the frequency of sinus infections.
sorry about the spelling and type-o's   :)
A related discussion, noise from my noise was started.