Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
sinus/allergy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

sinus/allergy

firstly..i had bronchitis for 2wks n had to take 2dif antibiotics..n steruods..as had bad dose..was only well for a few days..n now..it seems to b in da sinuses..n have a lot of discharge..infected colour..i am using a sinus rinse...i heard dat a lotta people can hav allergy to fallen leaves as dere is lots of pollen in...u hav a lot of teees around...what can i take r do...i dnt want to hav to go back payn drs..fees..i am also awaiting a chest xray...shud i luk to get a sinus xray too?
242587_tn?1355427710
Fallen leaves may contain molds or fungi and often a lot of insect debris and other organic material and these can cause allergic reactions.  It would be wise for you to avoid any close contact with fallen leaves (raking and/or bagging).  If that is the cause it should subside spontaneously, with avoidance.

It is also possible that you do have a sinus infection (bacterial or fungal) and would benefit from treatment.  I understand your reluctance to add to your medical bills but you will probably need further medical evaluation and that could include sinus X-rays or a CT Scan or culture of the drainage.  You might want to investigate to see if there is  a reasonably priced clinic for persons without health insurance coverage in your area, as these do exist in many cities.

Sorry I can’t be more specific.

Good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity