Ataxia Community
Is this Spinocerebellar Ataxia?

WELCOME to the ATAXIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Ataxia, which occurs when parts of the nervous system that control movement are damaged. People with ataxia experience a failure of muscle control in their arms and legs, resulting in a lack of balance and coordination or a disturbance of gait.

Is this Spinocerebellar Ataxia?

When I was 17, I had fallen asleep. Prior to waking up, my mother was giving me allergy medicine, but everytime I woke up (every 2 to 2.5 hours), I kept getting dizzier and dizzier. When I woke up, I was barely able to see, I couldn't walk, takl, hear, eat, go the bathroom, my reflexes were gone.. Over time, I have slowly gotten better (24 atm). As of now I still have gait problems, and my reactions are incredibly slow. Is this Spinocerebellar Ataxia?

-Note: I was uder an extremely high amount of stress when I was 17.
spinocerebellar ataxia could not be caused by medications !
This was like Benedryl, not a prescribed medication.

The day before this all happened I had an cold chill, and couldn't really eat anything. The cold chill was extreme. I had a hoodie on, long sleeve shirt under that, jeans, shoes and socks; I also had a blanket covering me in a 75 degree house, and I was still cold. Later that night, I had passed out at home. before the mess in my original post had started, I had trouble running, when hadn't had any the night before.

I have never drank alcohol and have never done drugs.