Ataxia Community
cerebellar atrophy
About This Community:

WELCOME to the ATAXIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Ataxia, which occurs when parts of the nervous system that control movement are damaged. People with ataxia experience a failure of muscle control in their arms and legs, resulting in a lack of balance and coordination or a disturbance of gait.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cerebellar atrophy

Please someone help us!
Since 2009 my huspand 59 yrs old had develope accordin to the neurology ;spinocerebellar ataxia but he can not determine which of the 30.
The 2nd MRI one was took on 2009, this one Sept.24,2010 reads as follow:
Impresion: Degenerated disc with decreased signal intensity on T2 weighted Images, bulging annulus fibrosus, associated with degenerative joint disease in the left uncovertebral joint and secondary mild compresion of the dural sac and narrowing of the left neural foramen at C6-C7. Degenerated disc with decrased signal intensity on the T2 weigthted images, bulging annulus fibrosus, associated with degenerative joint disease in uncovertebral joints and secondary narrowing of the neural foramina at C3-C4,C4-C5 and C5-C6. No evidenceof disc herniation. Small size of the cerebellar hemispheres and prominent cerebellar folia, could represent cerebellar atrophy. There is no significant change when compared to previous study done elsewhere on July-17-2009. this one was for MRI CERVICAL SPINE.

On the MRI OF BRAIN the impresion were:Took on August 26.2010
1.findings are most consistent with cerebellar atrophy.
2.Prominent Virchow-Robin spaces bilaterall y in the region of the anteior commissure,which is a normal variant.
3.Minimal ischemic changes of the periventricular white matter.

Please we need at least which is the one he got of the 29 or 30 that are identified ASC1 t0 ASC29-30. We know that a DNA will help but if someone there by reading these impresions could at least be  more esoecific or maybe he has other deesead instead of ataxia cerbellar now he can not write his speech is blur and his balance is getting worse also his moods. Thanks for any information that can help us. Three years ago he was not like this!!!!