Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
Does my 3 year old have aspergers / autism
About This Forum:

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Does my 3 year old have aspergers / autism

My daughter will be 3 end of June 2011. She is my first child. She has ok speech development an I learning 3 languages as I speak 2 and my husband speaks two. She has some pronoun reversal. Worse when stressed. For example "sh wants you to pick her up mummy" She sometimes echoes part of a question in an answer for example I will ask "do you want to go outside?" she will say "go outside" . She has an obsession with flowers, obsessively drawing flowers and she will actually stop playing in the park and pick flowers and come back to playing after a while. She tries to play with other children at the park in btw picking and looking at flowers-although we do not have friends with children her age but she is due to start nursery in September. She enjoys playing catch me , tag, playing tumble/tickling with her fathers 9yr old brother. I feel that She seems to lack imaginative play, she sometimes pretends to be making food tea feeding dolls putting them to sleep and making tents with covers but no role play there yet...but is more interested in finding bugs in garden and learning numbers letters (taught herself all shapes letters and numbers) on kids laptop and drawing flowers obsessively. And sometimes drawing her favourite cartoon character. Drawing and learning numbers are 70-80% of her playtime.she has severe separation anxiety and seems anxious a lot. Good affection and eye contact. Some clumyness and untidy walking like her father to has flat feet and so does she. Good sense of humour and sensitive to peoples emotion...She enjoys new places but gets a little frightened if strangers approach her. My friend who's 11 year old son has recently been diagnosed as being on the spectrum told me my daughter looks like an aspergers child...