Hypersensitivity to Sound
Occasionally I suffer from an intense and sudden hypersensitiviy to sounds. Today it happened while I was trying to get work done and it was so painful and distracting that I couldn't accomplish anything. Every noise, no matter how quiet it really was, seemed to be of an equally loud volume. I couldn't seem to be able to filter out any noise. What could have caused this and what could I possibly do to prevent and handle this?

I'm 18 now, but this has been going on for as long as I can remember. My brother has a pervasive developmental disorder and I have been told by a psychiatrist that I may have ADD and/or OCD and/or an anxiety disorder. Could this have anythingf to do with it?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.