Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
NVLD and help.........

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

NVLD and help.........

Please help me and my daughter 15 that has been diagnosed with nvld...I am reading every book that I can get my hands on but it does not give any help on how to help a child handle this disorder in high school...I feel so sorry for her as she only has her father and I in her life and no outside frienships as she cannot make or keep them due to dhe is in a imaginary world all the time..Any advice would be GRATEFUL.........
Nonverbal learning disability (NLD or NVLD) in and of itself is a diagnosis individuals will receive if they have deficits in social interaction in addition to a learning disability. Some of the suggestions made by some of the others posting here are quite appropriate. I would recommend your finding a school or therapists who have experience working specifically with children like your daughter. It may also be a good idea to have her reassessed for an autism-spectrum disorder. The difficulty with social situations is common to individuals who receive NVLD and autism diagnoses. It may be that she would meet the criteria for an autism or Asperger’s disorder diagnosis.
Have you thought of Homes Schooling her? Because I wonder how she is treated at school.
Good Luck :)
There are specialized schools for children with this disorder.  You might try to find one since at these schools they will help her with her disorder.
Great idea Susan has :)
I completely understand your situation as I too have a child with ADHD, ODD and NVLD.
He is 12 1/2 years old and recently been accepted to a private school for special needs children.  One of the reccomendations I would give you is to seek out the local chapters of CHADD or other organizations that specialize in Learning Disorders.  Become a member of NCLD - it is a wonderful resource,  
Your daughter will find her way.  It is important for her to feel good about herself and thru these groups and organizations she will connect with other kids like herself.
You and your husband can also get alot out of these resources as well.
Good luck and keep me posted.