Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
financial help for parent of young adult with aspergers

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

My son is 23; he stays home. I have working and can not make ends meet. He doesn't drive at this time. He needs more attention.  Would like to see him Learn more life skills. Learn to drive, get back in school. I wish I had mire time with him to prepair him for life. Is there any type of financial assistance so I can stay home with him for a couple of years to assist him?
I'm assuming from your post that your son has a diagnosis of autism or a related disorder.  While services can be leaner for adults, many areas have programs for individuals like your son.  Get online, grab your phone, and start making contact with your state's department that serves individuals with disabilities.  People there will be able to direct you to where you can find services that would be helpful for your son.