Autism Community
2 year old early signs of autism

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

2 year old early signs of autism

the child will be 2 in oct.2009 and has not spoken a word, but has expressed a variety of sounds. He does make good eye contact, likes to be held, laughs, smiles and was walking early. He does not  interact with children his age but chooses to play by himself. He eats well and has undisturbed sleep. The pediatrician suggested he be evaluated because of the delay in speech and he does not point to objects he wants. She has hinted at possible early signs of autistic behavior. I disagree because of the eye contact and interaction with adults.
Need some help......what are the signs of  autistic behavior in a 2 year old male.
Hi, I have a child that was diagnosed with PDD (Autism), a very mild form of it. At the age of 2 he didn't have any eye contact with anyone but usually an object he would focus on. He was delayed in speech. My wife and I got early intervention for him within our state and followed through with regular schooling and he's 10 now and a regular boy. Being delayed in speech doesn't necessarily mean he has Autism. It's always a good idea to get him evaluated from someone that knows the field. It sounds to me that he only has a speech delay. Just have him evaluated. He'll be fine.