7 year old sudden separation anxiety
my son will be 7 tomorrow.  his afther and i just returned from a 10-day trip, while my parents stayed with the kids at home.  my son is now always wanting to know where we are in the house, and doesn't want to be at home unless one of us is here (his sister sometimes babysits).  he cries and keeps calling us on the phone (we went shopping for his birthday and were gone for 20 minutes).  he is suffering separation anxiety.  to top it all off, our long time dog passed away 2 days before we left for vacation!  he also will be starting 1st grade in august.....is this all too much for him?  i just want to know if this is somewhat normal.  thanks!!!
Hi!

Well, yes, a lot happened to your son! If he was attached to the dog, then yes, the death of dog coupled with your going away for a 10 day trip would have been too much for him. I also depends on how well he gels with his sister and your parents. Try and make him feel loved. If you go out call him yourself from time to time to see if he is OK. Always let him know when you will return, and why you are going out. See if he recovers. If not, a counseling session may help. Take care!