Autism Community
Tracking Bracelet

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Tracking Bracelet

hi I'm new to this forum and searching the Autism forums since I'm already a member of the heart forums here.  I was watching the advertisement up top and saw the LoJack safetynet Tracking bracelet.  

My youngest son who is 8 now, been dx since under age of 2, has one it is WONDERFUL!  Everyone who has concerns about an Autistic child should check about this bracelet.

We had never hear of this until last year in a new school my son got scared at a disruption on the PE field and he ran away.  He was found later in the closed library checking out a book by himself, luckily he was found safe and sound.

They told me then about the bracelet and we called the local sheriff's department to get him put in our local Lifesaver program which uses this LoJack system.  Once a month a man comes and changes his battery and every 6 mths they come by to check to make sure the signal sent to deputies works and no interference.

I think the cost was $300 and $110 for the battery for as long as he was in the program - they let us pay in 3 or 4 payments and there is private funding for families who cannot afford them (have to check your local program on details for that).

There is no substitute for adult supervision, but this brings us peace of mind knowing no one in this program (used for Autism & Alzheimer's patients) has been lost for long, and in case of emergency he can be tracked within a minute of us calling them.

Have a great day and let me know if I left anything about the program out.
How can I apply to receive or buy one? I have a Seven year old son with PDD-NOS who wanders. I would love to purchase one but am not sure where to go. Thanks

Susan Treptow
I am also interested in how... I have a 3 year old with Autism who will wander given only a second. What a small thing that could bring such a huge peace of mind! Please provide more info if possible.
Thanks!