attachment problem
i have a 22months old daughter who is very attached to me, i put her in a day care nursery but she only feel secure if and only if someone of the instructors held her hand or hugged her during all day period. she fears her dady as well. and when i try to drop her at my mom's, she does the same thing that she does when i drop her at ther nursery, crying and shouting mami.. this behaviour is new, she wasnt that attached 2months ago.. what should i do?
Hi!
I can understand your apprehensions but this is a common problem with most children. As children grow they start realizing that they would be away from their parent. It is important to find out whether the crèche keeps her well engaged and happy or not. Most children stop crying within minutes of their parent leaving as they are distracted by other activities.
If the crèche where you leave her is really good, then with time and patience your daughter will settle down in her routine for she will be able to realize that you will come back for her. Also, you could take little treats for her when you go. This positive reward system may soothe her.
However, if you find that she is unhappy throughout her stay, then you need to change her crèche. Take care!
This sounds like my kids. They would go through stages where they were more attached/clingy out of nowhere. I agree with Mathur, a little treat may help. My daughter would bring a little picture of me with her in a frame she made in arts and crafts. I would make sure to pack it in her bag when I left. Its totally normal hon and it 'll pass.