AIH and Marijuana
I have recently been diagnosed with AIH and have been told that i must stop smoking and go to treatment for addiction before I would be considered for placement on the liver waiting list. I enjoy smoking marijuana and have for a number of years. I dont feel it a necesseity to break the habbit, seeing as theres never been proof of harm done by this wonderful plant. I guess my question would be is there anyone out there with this disorder who enjoys the herb as well? How are you doing? And if ANYONE, be ye DR. or just a knowledgeable person, has any take on the "harm" that recreational use has on the liver. I know it would be a fools choice to drink again, but can I live a good life and continue to indulge with the green goddess ? This mainly stems from not wanting to go through a huge surgery. Thanks for any input!
hi..in all honesty..im not opposed to pot..although i dont smoke pot myself..each to ther own..but people waiting on the list for liver transplant...i would absolutely put them before you..if they didnt put any kind of form of toxins in ther body whatsoever and wanted to live..i would without a doubt put them before you....its a gift to be givin a second chance...you have to weigh it up....weed...or life...,people on the same waiting list as you may never of even smoked a cigarette..., liverlover...how much do you lover you liver
Hey liverlover666.

I tend to agree with Lisa. There are far too many people
who are better suited candidates for a liver transplant,
as it will make more sense to give it to someone who
will have a much better prognosis, than you.

FYI
In a January 2008 edition of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Francisco researchers found that daily cannabis use is STRONGLY associated with moderate to severe liver fibrosis. Fibrosis is scarring of the liver, and is the most prevalent indicator of worsening liver disease.

So much for your green goddess!
I hope you are not in denial and that you can see things as they really are.
You are young and you have the potential to have a great life
if you make the right choices!
Make the wrong choices and there's a great probability of
severe chronic suffering and no chance of recovery.

I have nothing to gain by telling you all this.
If you feel you don't have the strength to do what you need to do,
I suggest you go for counselling.
Wishing you well.
Niko