Auto Immune reaction from surgery?
Hello I had a laparoscopy to remove a endometrioma cyst about 10 yrs ago, during the yr after the surgery and until now I have developed hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I had a laser electrocoagulate the ovary lining and free the cyst and I just recently learned of "Giant Cell Foreign Body Reactions" to Carbon created from such laser procedures. During the yr after surgery I had a really sudden change in my metabolism I am now wondering if damage to my ovary or if reaction to the carbon has contributed to these AutoImmune disorders I see to be having.
Did the surgery somehow affect my hormonal balances whether gynecological or adrenal or thryoid based?
Can a giant cell reaction to carbon go on indefinately and would it disrupt a perfectly stable metabolism?
PS I also seem to be low in cortisol chronically but I'm not yet to Addison's. Can saliva tests that show no cortisol be trusted?
I can't say anything about the carbon but often those of us who are inclined to auto-immune diseases will have those diseases trigger from a surgery.  The surgery doesn't cause it, but causes the pre-disposed condition to flare up often for the first time.  I had a surgery for cysts 14 months ago and Lupus &/or RA were triggered at that time.  I am more inclined to auto-immune as previously had ulcerative colitis and hypothyroidism (this one started after major surgery to remove colon).