Aa
A
A
Close
Auto Immune reaction from surgery?
Hello I had a laparoscopy to remove a endometrioma cyst about 10 yrs ago, during the yr after the surgery and until now I have developed hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I had a laser electrocoagulate the ovary lining and free the cyst and I just recently learned of "Giant Cell Foreign Body Reactions" to Carbon created from such laser procedures. During the yr after surgery I had a really sudden change in my metabolism I am now wondering if damage to my ovary or if reaction to the carbon has contributed to these AutoImmune disorders I see to be having.
Did the surgery somehow affect my hormonal balances whether gynecological or adrenal or thryoid based?
Can a giant cell reaction to carbon go on indefinately and would it disrupt a perfectly stable metabolism?
Thanks
PS I also seem to be low in cortisol chronically but I'm not yet to Addison's. Can saliva tests that show no cortisol be trusted?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
483733 tn?1326802046
I can't say anything about the carbon but often those of us who are inclined to auto-immune diseases will have those diseases trigger from a surgery.  The surgery doesn't cause it, but causes the pre-disposed condition to flare up often for the first time.  I had a surgery for cysts 14 months ago and Lupus &/or RA were triggered at that time.  I am more inclined to auto-immune as previously had ulcerative colitis and hypothyroidism (this one started after major surgery to remove colon).  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources