Aa
A
A
Close
139519 tn?1212372958
Autoimmune workup
Can Anyone tell me what should be included in a autoimmune workup for a person with Lupus/fm/ MS type symptoms and what specifically one should look for. Also, what is a really high Sed rate level. I know 40 is high but what is a little high and what is shockingly high in nature. Also why would a doc suggest a muscle biopsy in general and are there blood tests that would make this a non necessary proceedure? Also is a elevated sed rate a reason to rule out fibromyalgia? I know they say it is not a inflammation process like RA. One last question....I was told  that some people with lupus are negative until they are deadly sick, is this true?
Cancel
2 Answers
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
most common blood tests are:ANA, anti-DNA,anti-cardiolipin, and anti-SMITH.  ANA is antinuclear antibodies, also check for anemia, and C-reactive protein. I would explain all these but I would be 80 by the time I got done!  there is a book your local library can get for you-LUPUS-EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW by Robert G. Lahita,m.d.,ans Robert H Phillips,pd.d. . It is awesome and literally tells and explains everything.   Good Luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment

I would also recommend getting a RF level drawn (29% of fibromyalgia patients have a positive RF) and a vitamin D level as well.

All the best,

PlateletGal
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
139519 tn?1212372958
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources