Autoimmune workup
Can Anyone tell me what should be included in a autoimmune workup for a person with Lupus/fm/ MS type symptoms and what specifically one should look for. Also, what is a really high Sed rate level. I know 40 is high but what is a little high and what is shockingly high in nature. Also why would a doc suggest a muscle biopsy in general and are there blood tests that would make this a non necessary proceedure? Also is a elevated sed rate a reason to rule out fibromyalgia? I know they say it is not a inflammation process like RA. One last question....I was told  that some people with lupus are negative until they are deadly sick, is this true?
most common blood tests are:ANA, anti-DNA,anti-cardiolipin, and anti-SMITH.  ANA is antinuclear antibodies, also check for anemia, and C-reactive protein. I would explain all these but I would be 80 by the time I got done!  there is a book your local library can get for you-LUPUS-EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW by Robert G. Lahita,m.d.,ans Robert H Phillips,pd.d. . It is awesome and literally tells and explains everything.   Good Luck

I would also recommend getting a RF level drawn (29% of fibromyalgia patients have a positive RF) and a vitamin D level as well.

All the best,

PlateletGal