Autoimmune Disorders Community
Can a positive titer disappear?

Can a positive titer disappear?

I see a rheumatologist for osteo. 2 years ago my doctor did bloodwork that said I had sjorgens based on extremely high ANA titer and other readings. I was in the hospital in june 2008 and all the bloodwork for autoimmune disease came up negative. This is after 2 years on Plaquenil.
We retested the basics at the origional lab and the resulta were negative. I am overjoyed!. sort of.
I still have the sicca symptome (dryness oF eyes,mouth,skin,etc).
I had a bad fall a couple weeks ago - doc said nerve block only thing left to treat the pain.I have severe degenerative arthritis at L-4L-5 and L5-S1. At L5 there is about 40%narrowing of the spinal canal due to spurs and stenosis.
Abpout40cc. of painkiller was injected. I was not instructedto lie down for 2o min or anything, just go and do anything I wanted to do.
I have never been in such pain. On the 3rd day the herniated disk at c4-c5 began to swell. A foctor friend said it was just from the amount of fliud and just stay flat.Anybody else have such a miserablre block or wish to comment on this?
Nice to be here....among friends^-^
hi, im having an awful time with my back. ive had ongoing back pain for a long time. last year i rode a roller coaster...boy what a mistake. i have fibromyalgia, so the doctor blames everything on that. he wouldnt even see me. just sent me some muscle relaxers...didnt do anything for me. it has gotten so bad that i can hardly walk. when sitting or laying and trying to watch tv, i have to rotate every few minutes. i cant sleep cause it hurts so bad. well the doc got to where he wouldnt see me for anything. finally told me on the phone that my problems were in my head. i got a new doc and got an mri the other day. they called and said it was normal. i had had a ct scan that found an ovarian cyst in january and it said i had spinal degeneration so i called them back and questioned them on it. they finally agreed that i had degenerative disc disease but they refuse to treat me for it. my only medical treatment is through the veterans administration so i am pretty much at their mercy. if i have this much pain, and it is just what they call normal for my age....i can only imagine what you are going through to have severe degeneration and herniation. hugs...amy