Autoimmune Disorders Community
Not Producing Estrogen... Is it an Autoimmune Disorder?
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Not Producing Estrogen... Is it an Autoimmune Disorder?

I found out about 1.5 years ago that my body is not producing estrogen at all!!!  I have never been pregnant and I was diagnosed with AIH in 2004.  Are they connected?  I also have other diagnoses under my belt but I wont go into them unless asked.  Just curious...
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

Can you list all of your symptoms and your other diagnoses ?

TIA,

PlateletGal
Blank
130737_tn?1214865065
Well, I was diagnosed with AIH in 2004.  I have had @ least 5 ruptured ovarian cysts.  I have a condition called Vulvadynia (SP?) I have been tested 4 Lupus @ least 3 times.  2 out of 3 the test was positive, but they R sticking w/the negative.  I m hypoglycemic.  I cant gain weight.  Although I did gain weight while I was on Prednisone.  70lbs. 2 B exact.  When I did lose the weight I lost it really fast. ( about 57lbs. in 45 days)  I M now steady @ 123.  I have had heart problems N the past.  I have a rash on my arms and legs - has never gone away.  Doctors dont seemed 2 concerned about it though.  Also my legs, ankles and feet swell.  Whether its hot or cold they swell.  I M starting 2 get dark spots on my legs where the blood vessels have popped.  I am not sure if this is normal, but I am only 29!  I have no children and would love 2 have some of my own someday.  I do get headaches alot.  They are not migraines, but everytime I have had a CT they come back clean.  Alot of the symptoms came after i was diagnosed.  The doctors believe i have had AIH longer than i was diagnosed.  My liver enzymes were never really elevated but enough 2 B concerned.  I have had 2 biopsies.  3 yrs apart.  
Blank
130737_tn?1214865065
I ran out of room... 1st biopsy showed R/L portal and lobular hepatitis.  3 out of 4 inflammation.  and bridging fibrosis.  3 yrs later had another biopsy.  Nothing changed.  put on stronger dose of Immuran and also put on Entocort.  Sorry if this seemed jumbled...  
Blank

I'm assuming that the Prednisone could cause your ankles and legs to swell. Once I was taking the steriod and my ankles were swollen.

You've been through a lot. Do you ever experience any weakness ??
Blank
Hi

Have you had a head CT since you have not been producing estrogen. A tumor on the pituitary  gland can cause this to happen. Maybe read up on it and check if some of your other symptoms match.

Here is a link with some info
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pituitary-tumors/DS00533

Here are the symptoms:

Symptoms related to tumor pressure
Signs and symptoms of extraneous pressure from a pituitary tumor can include:

* Headache
    * Vision loss, particularly loss of peripheral vision
    * Clear, watery nasal drainage
    * Nausea and vomiting
    * Seizures
    * Symptoms of pituitary hormone deficiency
    * Fatigue
    * Weakness
    * Cold intolerance
    * Constipation
    * Low blood pressure
    * Body hair loss
    * Sexual dysfunction
    * Unintended weight loss or gain
Blank
130737_tn?1214865065
I have not been on Prednisone since '05'.  I have had the swelling unfortunately longer than that.  I do experience weakness.  I get really tired easily too.  If i dont have anything planned for my weekends I will sleep most of it away.  And at work I get tired easily in the afternoons.  
Blank
130737_tn?1214865065
I am definetly going to look into that.  I experience at least 7 of those symptoms.  When they say sexual dysfunction, do they mean no desire to have sex?  Because if thats true...uh-oh.  Thank-you for this information.
Blank

Along with getting a CT scan, I would also recommend having your corisol level checked. A cortisol level can give your physician a clue as to whether or not you are having problems with your adrenal and/or pituitary gland.

Best,

PlateletGal
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949