A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positive pANCA, sensory neuropathy, joint pain

I've had bloodwork testing for RA, SLE etc. Years ago (2008) after I finished grad school and playing college volleyball I had insidious onset of gradual pains with swelling bilaterally from elbows down and knees down. I would have severe fatigue and would randomly have problems breathing (I would have to take a 1/2 way rest break to go up stairs...and this was from college athelete that is very active), at one point I did get a pink flaky like rask on my inner corners and eyelids of both eyes. Lots of weird random stuff.  It got to the point where I couldn't walk or open a jar so finally I went to MD. I had elevated systemic inflammation markers SED rate and CRP. Predisone took away all my symptoms. After tapering symtpoms started coming back and went to a Rheumatologist. After lots of tests for autoimmune the Doc called it Microscopic Polyangiitis (a type of small vessle or ANCA associate vasculitis) I had a + pANCA. Although the doc later started calling it wegener's granulomatosis, then inflammatory vasculitis. I don't think he knew what to do with me. (I don't see him anymore) I never have had organ involvement so no biopsy. I took methotrexate and prednisone in small doses for a few years and had not been on any meds for it at all since 2010. In my state of denial thinking my disease was gone I have had knee pain constantly for years, and more recent couple years feet pain and burning when standing all day at work that has gotten unbearable. I just got confirmed EMG sensory neuropathy and still have a positive pANCA. I am going back to the Rheumatologist in 2 weeks and will likely get on an immunosuppresant. Any experts out there have any advice or ideas of what is causing my stuff?? It is hard not having a diagnosis.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Conditions which can cause elevated ESR, CRP and positive pANCA could be temporal arteritis or giant cell arteritis. This is diagnosed by biopsy of a small part of blood vessel along with test for complements. The other possibility is vasculitis like panarteritis nodosa. This is diagnosed if three of the 11 signs and symptoms are present such as weight loss, nerve involvement, muscle involvement, skin discoloration, kidney involvement, high blood pressure, positive Hepatitis B or C virus etc. Another possibility is Wegener granulomatosis (antiportease 3 antibodies are also positive). Microscopic panarteritis is another possibility is microscopic panarteritis, diagnosed by positive antiportease 3 antibodies, anti myeloperoxidase antibodies, and complements. Hence, a comprehensive test panel has to be done incorporating this. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank