Scleroderma and rheumatoid arthritis..
Doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I was diagnosed with scleroderma 3 years ago. I developed a ''scar'' on my abdomen (in the shape of a kiss interestingly enough, it's funny) a few months prior. I then developed one on my breast (covers about 1/3 and deformed it,) so I went to the doctor. After they finally stopped giving me fungus creams that didn't work (Lol!), they did a skin biopsy and discovered it was scleroderma, which they confirmed through bloodwork. The only one I've had since then is a small one above my lip. I do, however, have joint pain. Sometimes I wake up and can't move my fingers. It's painful and sometimes it takes quite a while to regain movement. My joints get stuck; especially my elbows. I finally went to the specialist about a year ago, who says he thinks it's simply morphea and I have nothing to worry about. He didn't run any tests, and ignored the joint pain. (He also asked me if I've done meth because of my bad teeth, which I have never touched in my life! I couldn't believe it!) When I was a child, for years, I had pain in my ankles and they would crack constantly, as in with every step. They still do it, but not quite as much. Whenever I rotate my wrists, elbows,ankles, etc. they make grinding and cracking noises. My question is this: What are the chances that I have rheumatoid arthritis? How would I know if it's rheumatoid arthiritis, or if I just have bad joints?
Hi Rebekah,
Welcome to the forum.

You may want to re-address your post to the general membership,
as the few doctors who do get around to reply are limited considering their workloads and busy schedules.
You may not get any answers, because of this fact.
It is also important to understand that any reply constitutes just an opinion,
and it is NOT intended to replace a Doctor's medical advice at his/her office
or at the hospital.
Take care.
Niko
Personally, I think people with one severe autoimmune disease have several overlapping autoimmune diseases. As for the Dental problems, most dentists LOVE blaming cavities on oral hygiene. Not many dentists or dental Unversities will blame dental problems on a autoimmune diseases because Health Insurance would have to pay for bridges, dental inplants, crowns, root cannals, periodontal cleanings and so on. The Dental companies, such as, 3M and Nobel Biocare are far more shady and greedier than the pharmaceutical companies. If you don't believe me, call Nobel Biocare and ask them if they have a patient assistant program, the operator will practically hang up on you !