Autoimmune Disorders Community
What type of Autoimmune disease is this, its been 3 years and getting w...

What type of Autoimmune disease is this, its been 3 years and getting worse.

The last 3 years I have been dealing with all kinds of symptoms (Muscle pain, muscle spasms,double vision, blurred vision,headaches, nausea, spinal pain, sacral arthritis, fluid on both knees, feet pain, pain in fingers, tendon pain, just in the last week and a half, swollen lymph glands in neck and under arms, bumps under the skin in the back of my upper arms that can only be felt not seen. I walk...ed from my livingroom to my bedroom sat down and the phone rang went to stand up and my legs wouldn't hold my weight then 4 days later I wake up with intention or action tremors, I feel like I am in constant motion but its very mild. They have ran MRI's-negative, CT scans-negative, bloodwork-C-reactive protein went up but is coming back down, one lupus test showed positive and the next it was negative, ANA-negative, sed rate postive at times. I have Raynauds syndrome, Levido Reticularis, inflammatory arthritis and fibromyalgia that comes sporadically, possible Sarcoidosis. I have experienced the MS hug multiple times-I feel like I can't breathe its so painful when it sqeezes my chest.

My dad has Sarcoidosis and I am trying to find out if his side of the family has anything else.

I got Thyroid cancer in February 2009 had a Total Thyroidectomy and 2 months later is when all this started. The only treatment I got was Synthroid.

I have been to 4 neurologist, they don't have a clue so my Rheumatologist has me on steroids-4mg just to try and hold the pain back. We have tried Plaquenil-it worked but I'm allergic, Tried Methotrexate-worked but I am allergic, Lyrica gave me right sided headaches and it worked but was only able to stay on it 5 days.. Tried Imuran-same thing headaches and throwing up.

July 2nd I am going to a Neuromuscular specialist in Houston at Methodist Hospital,
Bumps on the back of the arms is one symptom of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism slows down conversion of beta-carotene to vitamin A.  The bumps are due to beta-carotene build up. Your other symptoms are all possible symptoms of hypothyroidism. You may even have thyroid eye disease (double vision is one of the symptoms).

It is rather obvious you are not even close to optimal treatment of your hypothyroidism. I would also look at vitamin D which is almost a given with hypothyroidism. This can cause extreme muscle weakness particularly in the legs and mimics arthritis.  Also vitamin B12 deficiency is another common deficiency state with hypothyroidism. This deficiency is one of the MS mimics.

I'm 3 months into treatment for my hypothyroidism and have perfect labs. Alas i feel like rubbish and still have my symptoms. I am thinking of adding synthetic T3 or going onto natural desiccated thyroid hormone which contains T4 and T3. It's a lot of trial and error to be symptom free with hypothyroidism!
Vitamin D was low but have been on Vitamin D for 2 years,   B-12 was also low and I have been on B-12 injections every month for 2 years.

I don't have thyroid eye disease, I am being checked every 4 months by a opthamologist.

Its not due to my thyroid, even when I am in normal levels which is 90 percent of the time, the symptoms don't go away.

My labs for all of this is checked every 2 months.
Okay well i still go with non optimally treated thyroid lol but that may be a small part of the puzzle.  The positive/negative lupus test is interesting. You may have some type of connective tissue disorder. Wikipedia have a long list of conditions linked to raynaud's phenomenon and livedo reticularis to check out.

Interestingly magnesium deficiency is one condition linked to raynaud's phenomenon. I'm well aware of magnesium deficiency as i had this deficiency severely with no doctor figuring it out! My symptoms were numerous but i can well understand why magnesium deficiency is a fibromyaligia mimic!